PRL INTERCOOLER/CHARGEPIPE: HONDA CIVIC 1.5L TURBO 16-18
- FITS ALL 2016-18 1.5T HONDA CIVIC MODELS INCLUDING SI, NON-SI, 6MT, CVT, RHD, INTERNATIONAL MODELS, ETC
- REMOVAL OF LOWER FACTORY INTAKE AIR BOX DAMPER IS RECOMMENDED FOR OPTIMAL FITMENT
Please Read Before Ordering:
- DOES NOT REQUIRE TUNE
It’s no secret that Honda’s 1.5L turbo Civic is extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs.
The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 550+ horsepower rated (though we have pushed 600+) 25.6x4x6.3” bar-and-plate bar-and-plate core and machined billet aluminum end tanks!
- Heat-soak reduction: Silicone hose offers extremely low thermal heat transfer properties, especially in comparison to steel or aluminum.
- Strength and rigidity: The rubber hoses used from the factory are known to experience expansion, which worsens as boost is increased. In time, the rubber construct weakens, causing increased likeliness of a boost leak. Also, we have managed to melt the factory rubber hose a handful of times during our track adventures on our shop car. Our high-temp, 4-ply silicone with handle the high temperatures of the turbocharger much better than the factory rubber hose(s).
- Smooth airflow: Custom molded silicone allows us to offer much higher flowing bends than we could with metal tubing.
- Optimal fitment: We have found that the factory rubbers hoses don't offer the most desirable fitment, especially when paired with an aftermarket radiator. Our silicone hose(s) offer even better fitment than factory.
Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.